(1) Because the series of removals total more than 10 school days in a
(2) Because the child’s behavior is substantially similar to the child’s
behavior in previous incidents that resulted in the series of removals;
(3) Because of such additional factors as the length of each removal, the
total amount of time the child has been removed, and the proximity of
the removals to one another.
(1) The child may be placed in an interim alternative educational setting
even if the behavior is a manifestation of the student’s disability.
(2) The interim alternative educational setting must:
20 U.S.C. Â§Â§ 1412, 1413, 1415 (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act).
34 C.F.R. Â§Â§ 300.101,300.530-300.535.
105 lLCS 5110-22.6,5/14-8.05.
23 111. Admin. Code Â§Â§ 226.50 (requirements for FAPE), 226.75
(definitions), 226.220 (factors in development of the IEP),
226.400 (disciplinary actions), 226.655 (expedited due process